What to Expect as an Agent
Our new agent orientation is a proven process designed to help get all new agents quickly acclimated to Wheaton | Bekins. Once we have a signed agency agreement, here’s what you can expect from us in the weeks and months ahead.
DURING YOUR FIRST WEEK AS AN AGENT
The Agency Development Department will:
- Schedule on-boarding webinars and an on-site visit with our training manager.
- Conduct a "welcome webinar" to explain the onboarding process.
- Send required paperwork for your completion.
- Obtain information about your agency for the directory.
- Register agency staff for Access – the van line's online portal for estimating/registering orders, planning, dispatch and much more.
- Send you a free operations/sales materials starter kit.
- Provide you with information on how to order sales collateral, business cards and stationery.
- Add your staff to the email distribution lists.
- Facilitate start of equipment and driver qualification.
The Sales & Marketing Department
- Provide you with you branding guidelines.
- Request information to get your agency added to the respective van line's consumer website.
- Schedule an on-site visit with your Regional Sales Director (RSD).
THROUGHOUT THE ON-BOARDING PROCESS
- The Agency Development Department will be your primary point of contact, but you'll work directly with and have support from all van line departments.
- Conversion funds provided via your agency agreement will be available to help with re-branding activities.
- Our Sales & Marketing Department will create a professional press release for local market, social media and industry distribution.
PRIOR TO THE ON-SITE ORIENTATION
- You and your staff will complete assigned courses in the Training Toolbox, Wheaton | Bekins' online library of training courses on policy and procedures.
- Driver and equipment qualifications will be completed for entry into the van line's fleet.
- A "welcome" announcement will be sent to the network of agents, drivers and corporate office.
- You will be enrolled in the leads program.
- We will assist with order registration and monitor and review early order activity.
- The Sales & Marketing Department will assist with re-branding your marketing efforts.
ON-SITE ORIENTATION OVERVIEW
- The on-boarding program is customized to fit the experience level of your staff.
- Topics covered by the training manager include: policies, procedures, proper paperwork completion, operations, revenue processing and technology/information systems.
- Your Regional Sales Director will visit your agency to discuss marketing and sales development.